Sunday 2 January 2011

Alexandra Burke won the X Factor until two years

Singer Alexandra Burke won the X Factor until two years, the singer 22 years old is never glad than when she's working.

She laughs and said, “I don't know what to do with myself when I have time off. I'm always doing 10 things at once. It's the only way to get it all done. But I'm not complaining one bit. I love it. I worked so hard for this, and now I have it I'm going to spend every minute making it work. I’d say to people, listen, I’ll sleep when I’m dead. I have to do this now and I have to give it everything I’ve got.”

A council estate in North London starting only for a girl, the past two years have been beyond her dreams. After touring to sell-out arenas with the X Factor finalists she was sent first to New York and then LA to turn some of those dreams into reality.

She explains, “I was thrown right in at the deep end in America. The first people I was working with there were the producers Stargate. Of course I was terrified. I didn’t know how I would handle it. I’d been a big fish in a little pond and then suddenly I’m with a new label, I’ve got a new management company and suddenly there are these scary new producers too (Roc Nation, Red One, Stargate and The Freemasons). Everything around me is new. I had to build a relationship so quickly with people. I loved my team really early on because the whole thing was based on people listening to me. They said from the start it wouldn’t work unless it came from me. I want my music to be fun, to be uplifting and to be bold. I want it to reflect my personality. I want it to be in your face, I want it to be a beast. I said exactly the same thing to Simon Cowell and I could see the relief on his face in the meeting. He said ‘whatever you do, it has got to come from the heart'.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment